Community Vote: CCAL Testnet Rewards Distribution

Kyokoans, today we want to raise a concern and open a community vote for a unique situation.

We originally allocated 350,000 $KYOKO tokens as rewards for the CCAL testnet event. From this pool, all participants that complete the lender+borrower process were to equally share the remaining tokens after bug bounty rewards had been subtracted from the pool.

After subtracting for bug bounties and accounting for our 16,421 users that completed eligible test transactions, we discovered that testnet users would only receive between 15-40 $KYOKO tokens under our original rewards structure. This is far below what we’d anticipated.

Unfortunately, we are also aware that this is crypto and there are likely thousands of bots that were programmed to participate in the testnet event. Under the original rewards structure, the bot programmer would receive testnet rewards across all bot test wallets, transfer the rewards to a primary wallet, and flood UNISWAP with $KYOKO tokens. While this is harmful to Kyoko, it’s most unfair to our community of amazing Kyokoans who put in the hard work to test our cross-chain asset lending platform and deserve to be rewarded for their effort and loyalty.

Read more in our extended article, here: Community Vote: CCAL Testnet Rewards Distribution.

At this point, we have little ability to identify which of these test transactions were conducted by bots. Therefore, we want to raise a community vote to identify the best path forward:

Option 1: According to the original rewards structure, distribute 350k $KYOKO to all 16,421 users, each with a reward range of 15-40 $KYOKO.

Option 2: Publish the list of eligible testnet wallets and give the community a 1-month period to identify and report suspected bot wallets and sybil attacks. Scam wallets would be verified by the team and removed from the distribution whitelist before sending rewards – therefore increasing the amount of tokens that remaining wallets would receive.

Kyokoans, this is a major decision that directly affects you. It wouldn’t be fair for us to make this decision on your behalf – so we decided it most appropriate to let you decide your preferred path forward. Simply put, we want to put this decision to vote by the people that it directly affects.

Therefore, we will host a formal vote on Snapshot that will last for 7 days and only be conclusive once the equivalent of 600,000 votes has been reached. As always, the vote will be open to those that have a stake in Kyoko, including $KYOKO token holders and stakers, Kyoko LP liquidity providers, and Kyoko Pawn holders.

We opened this forum thread to give the community a chance to discuss within itself. We know this is a difficult decision, Kyokoans. We’ll also be actively reviewing this forum and the official Kyoko Discord for any questions that you may have for the Kyoko team.

Vote here: Snapshot

We will respect the voice of the community and approve the majority vote.

8 Likes

I vote for option 2, no doubt

2 Likes

I would leave the first option as I don’t want the team to spend so much time looking for fraudulent wallets.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. Would love to understand your reasoning. When you’re ready and if you satisfy the requirements, please cast your formal vote at the Snapshot link above.

Thanks for your concern, Sergey. We are not afraid of hard work and want to do what’s best for the community. It’s also worth considering that, at the end of the day, we would be splitting the burden of this responsibility with the whole Kyoko community as it would be everyone’s responsibility to report suspicious testnet transaction activity and wallet addresses.

1 Like

I also think that you should not waste time identifying bots

1 Like

I am for the first option

1 Like

You can make a form where you will need to enter your data: wallet address, twitter, discord, telegram. This will help get rid of those who do have farms and only wallets. Since now only a wallet for the testnet is enough, and it is created in a second.
This will reduce the time to search for bots. And so I’m for option 2

1 Like

I’m sure you’re not afraid of hard work, but I find this work pointless.
And therefore:
If you distribute 15 tokens to 16,000+ wallets, then this will not even affect the price. It will simply be unprofitable to sell them, since the cost of tokens will be higher than the commission in Ethereum.

If you find scammers and remove them from the list, then you will already distribute more tokens for each wallet. Let’s say 60 tokens per wallet. In this case, it will already be profitable to sell them, since their cost is higher than the Ethereum commission.
But besides that, you will need to look for scammers for another month.

2 Likes

i read other opinions. maybe for receive testnet rewards you can add additional crew3 quest, or enter a level of at least 1k xp for instance (it can be crew3 or discord itself). so in this case will stay only real active users

1 Like

Of course, I don’t know how the majority of the community will do it, but I think that the second option is the very thing! option 2

1 Like

Bot is not eligible for the rewards! if they get it, what about the people who have contributed a lot to the development, such as suggestions, finding bugs and others.

1 Like

I think we need to identify bots so that we can give more rewards to active testers who have made an active contribution to testing and finding errors in the operation of the platform.

1 Like

neither option is useful. There are no real users who have tested this much. So the scan should be done, but I don’t want the team messing with it. As a 3rd option, the questionnaire should be verified with the crew3 or the form (twitter, discord, mail). This method will be effective and simple. People who actually follow the project will fill out the Form. Bots and non-followers will be eliminated. So I will wait for the voting to be canceled and a new option added. I do not vote

2 Likes

Bots and multiaccounts have always been and will always be. No one has ever managed to fight this effectively and 100%.
I think that neither the first nor the second option will be optimal. The total amount to be paid is significant for the project, but negligible for an individual tester. My suggestion is to leave these funds for the development of Kyoko.

2 Likes

my vote for option 2

1 Like

I vote no, bots don’t belong here

1 Like

I think variant 1 is better

1 Like

I vote for the detection of bots. But I think that the best thing would be to confirm your wallet using twitter, discord, mail. That is to pass some kind of verification.

1 Like

I chose option 2! If the team has a way to figure out the scammers, it needs to be done.

1 Like